Wednesday 24 October 2012

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery

A Fool's Gold Christmas (Fool's Gold, #10)A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Line - "She would simply put one foot in front of the other. After all, she was used to dancing through the pain."
Favorite Character - Alexander, the cat.

Ok so i will be the first to admit that i am a total grinch. Normally because of this i am not a big fan of season books, this book however was by an author i like & the other reviews made it sound not too cheesy/corny so i decided to try it. I was not disappointed by the cheese factor as there was almost none in regards to Christmas at least.
I was disappointed by the lack of communication between the leads, the author skips/fast forwards a lot of things so i never really felt the connection & i certainly did not believe the love. I enjoyed the story up until Evie decided she loved him, i mean it had things that annoyed me but i was willing to overlook them then Evie decided she love him. I almost felt like i had missed some chapters or something because i really did not see that much emotion/feeling/love between them. It appeared to by mostly sex & lectures from Dante to me *shrug* Dante was a prick in the end and i would never of forgiven him, his love pffft! what love?

I think if you have read the series & you like your romance novels without sex scenes then you could enjoy this book, certainly some of my friends did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment