Thursday 26 July 2012

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

Blood and ChocolateBlood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cannot believe how many bad reviews this has?! It is awesomesauce!

Recommended for: PR Fans, YA PR fans, Fantasy Fans, Wolf fans, Shifter Fans
Cover - Love it, creepy & beautiful.
Favorite Line - "Once upon a time," He said in a voice that was velvet thunder, "I killed the girl I love."
Favorite Character - Vivian

So now i understand where about half of the werewolf YA novels i have read got there ideas! Seriously, if i haven't read this story at least 3x this year - problem for the other books is that they did not do it even half as good as this book.

This book sucked me in, within a few pages I was hooked. I devoured this book (90 minutes start to finish, with one pee break :P ).
The story is dark, emotional & gripping. I was so pleased to find a werewolf who acted like i think a werewolf should act - they should be animals not pansies!
I love a strong female protagonist & Vivian fit the bill. Even though at times i thought Vivian was slightly vain i still loved her character. She thoughts & emotions came across so real, i felt them along with her while reading this.

I really think this should be released for the kindle as i think the YA market would kill for this book.

I would recommend this book & i will read more by this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment