Sunday 22 July 2012

The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain

The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1)The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Recommended for: YA Paranormal, YA PR, YA UF, YA Werewolf/shifter, UF, Werewolf/shifter, Paranormal, PR - fans
Cover - I <3 it, it is very pretty.
Favorite Line - "Howy Shwit" & "Superpowers are a little more intense than armpit hair & zits"
Favorite Character - Grace

You know sometimes you can read a great book but you aren't hooked to it, you can put it down & go back to it... this isn't one of those books. This is a book that grabs you & makes you want to not put it down until its finished, it is a book that makes you want to cross your legs instead of going to the bathroom. It isn't a super high suspense novel (though it certainly has its moments), it is just so interesting & well written that you do not want to stop.
I have had this on my Amazon wishlist for ages & i finally picked it on PB a week ago, i was hoping for awesomesauce & i certainly got it :)
I loved the characters, the dialog & emotion between them is so believable. I thought the story was really great, I loved all the surprises through-out the book. I wrote down so many "favorite lines" in this book, it was ridiculous how many awesome lines the author could cram into this book. It wasn't predictable, i was surprised by the ending - it made me wish i had the next book in series like *right that second* to continue reading. It also wasn't wrote in a childish way, it is a YA book but it is written in a way that even non-YA can love it.

I would recommend this book & I will read more by this author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment