Sunday 18 November 2012

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

The Perfect GameThe Perfect Game by J. Sterling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cover & title - 3 out of 5
Favorite line - "My heart belongs to you. And I'm not asking for it back, even if you don't want it anymore. I'm just asking for a chance to have yours again. I promise I'll be more careful with it this time."

I almost cannot believe i am saying this but girlies, this book did not rock my world. I was seriously angry throughout a lot of this book, i found this at times really trying. I do not know if i just was not in the right mind set for an mature YA or if maybe i just did not enjoy the book that much. I was unsatisfied with the entire book. I wanted to kill, i mean seriously kill Jack, i would of happily taken a murder rap for killing him in the end. I did not forgive him or even love him in the end like i normally do with the "bad apples".

It was so beautiful at times, i wanted to fall inlove with the drama and horrible histories but i could not. I liked the story & i so wanted to fall inlove with the whole book but i didnt. I highlighted a lot of lines which i loved, bits of the book made me all gooey inside but then others made me feel like a volcano waiting to blow. I actually screamed out loud when i was reading this, my husband thinks i am insane, i was so furious & disappointed that i had to verbalize it.

Cassie was sweet and innocent, she was a cute lead, she had an upsetting past with trust issues and she was a bit of a sap.. well maybe just to me.. I wanted to rag doll her (google the phrase) a few times. I did like her but i could not connect to her.
Jack was a player, a sex god, so full of himself, he tried so hard at times that the ice around my heart wanted to melt.. then just when it did he would disappoint me.

"Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
It's in the stars
It's been written in the scars on our hearts
We're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again"

the song for this book for sure.

I wish i could of liked this more, i read reviews for this book praising it to jesus, i seriously wanted to love it, i tried so hard but in the end i was disappointed.

I just wanted to add, i am 24, i figure this is New Adult age bracket surely & i still found this book childish at times. For this reason alone i would class it as mature YA rather than NA. It has sex in it so do not go handing it out to your teenagers.. but at the same time do not expect the language & dialogue to suit adults.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. GAH! This is how I felt about Avoiding Commitment! Have you read it? If you haven't, DO! I want to read your review!

    ReplyDelete