Saturday 17 November 2012

This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas

This Man (This Man, #1)This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 3.5 out 5
Favorite Line - "You better stop with the blah-fucking-zay shit now, or I'll shove this fork so far up your arse, you'll be chewing metal"
Favorite Character - Kate

Jesse


Ava


Their relationship



Mr Ward is liar, he is deceitful, arrogant, rude & possessive. (but yet i still like him)
Ava is a pushover, she is easy, stupid, naive & irritating at times. (but yet i still like her)
The book has many similarities for me to 50 shades but I still really enjoyed it. It was a different story to 50sog, not a copy like some other books i have read. I liked the plot for the most part and only a few things annoyed me throughout the book.

Things that annoyed me -
1. Why must every possessive male character from books now shag the girl up the arse to "claim her"? "I am going to fuck your ass, that makes you mine" I mean seriously, when did men stop asking women to go steady or be your girlfriend?! ARGH it drives me fucking nuts!
2. (view spoiler)[HE STOLE YOUR FUCKING PILLS, HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE?! I seriously wanted to smash my kindle when she "lost" her pills the second time. (hide spoiler)]

I did actually enjoy this book a lot, even if it did seem like i was complaining in my review. I also am really looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
I would recommend this book


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Oh, honey. I have been there, I have been. There. But maybe try something more contemporary if you're looking for the bf/gf respect thing? Lol. This book does look steamy, but I agree, what IS IT with these arrogant douche bags that think they own the world, own the girl, and somehow we still love them. I hate/love it. The last one I read that frustrated the crap out of me was Avoiding Commitment. Read it? I wanted to scratch my eyeballs out the whole time because the characters couldn't just BE TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god Avoiding Commitment & The Opportunist
      seriously GRRRRRRRR!

      Delete
  2. LOL, Okay I see it now! The Opportunist, too? Oh know, but that book looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete