Thursday 6 September 2012

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Taking ChancesTaking Chances by Molly McAdams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - five out of five. (my number five, my question mark & apostrophe keys are are all broken)
Favorite Line - “That first night, I did realize I would never meet another girl like you. But you deserve someone who has waited for you as long as you have waited for them. And no matter how much I wish I could be that guy, I can't Harper.”
Favorite Character - Bre i think.

I am so lost as to how i feel about this book, I think i liked (a lot) it but i also know i hated parts of it. I feel very muddled.
I was surprised it got classed as YA even mature YA as it has quite a few sex scenes, detailed ones at that. Because of this it is a book i would never class as YA.
I also think the story was quite predictable, i had pretty much guessed how it was going to play out 40 percent in, maybe even before that. I do agree without a lot of people who have linked it with other books as it was quite similar in parts to other books which i have read but I do think the book held its own story-wise in the end. I felt 70 percent onward (about then i think) the book was wrapping up, almost like you could of condensed the final thirty into maybe 10 percent, but *shrug* that is just my opinion.
So i have criticized the book quite a bit but i do want you to know i did enjoy it! I loved the love triangle, i thought the emotions between them seemed realistic & i enjoyed the chemistry between the characters. I thought the sex scenes were hot. I also did like the ending even i did feel it went on a bit.

I would recommend this book & in the future i plan on reading more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment