Sunday 16 September 2012

The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins

The Next Best ThingThe Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 3 out of 5.
Favorite Character - Ethan.

Jesus christ the first 40% of this book was dull with a capital D. I barely got into the story at all, i actually considered giving up but since 9pm was too early to go to bed i continued. In the end i am glad i continued as i enjoyed the ending (and i hate not finishing a book), that was my favorite bit (maybe actually the only bit i liked - yikes). I found the story really depressing and not in a way that i liked or enjoyed, in fact it made me want to cry a bit. Cry but not in the good way which actually seems to cleanse your soul - this kind of crying would of been in the i need to eat ice cream in the dark while listening to my most depressing CD. Also even thought it worked out in the end i kind of hated Lucy and found her to be very insensitive, at times a total bitch. Ethan could of done better.

I wouldn't recommend this book, check out the authors other books as i LOVED some of them.

oh and the book made me so goddammn hungry! do not read this book if you are on a diet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment